I haven't had much time to art journal lately. So, I wondered how much could I get done in 5 or 10 minutes?
Overthinking is my biggest problem. It stops me from even starting.
I figured I would let the clock help me decide what to do in my journal. I've seen a few of these on YouTube and thought it would be fun.
After choosing my subject matter - I filmed my 1st attempt.
So, what did you think? OMG it went by so fast! Could you see that I was starting to panic toward the end? LOL!!
5 Minutes Later...
After 5-mins I actually like what I see. It was definitely not finished so I planned to keep going.
The point of this challenge is
not to just race for the sake of racing.
Here are a few reasons why you should try...
- Quickly eliminate the fear of staring at a blank page.
- Get a head start on a potential painting.
- No time to overthink or second guess yourself.
- Short on time - here's your solution...well kinda (you can always revisit later or add on more time if needed).
- It's fun!
Final Painting & Concept....
Was this really a 5-min art journal page? Na...not in the least! But it's ok.
I chose the lotus flower because it blossoms during the day and submerges back under water at night. It symbolizes a new start every day even in the darkest situations.
If you need help creating art journal pages grab my printable worksheets.
Either way this challenge pushed me in the right direction.
Tips & For Next Time...
- I'm going to have more paints, stencils, and collage pieces out beforehand.
- Having a concept or game plan in mind really helps.
Are you going to give it a try? Let me know in the comments below.
If you try it use #5minartjournal on social media.